Moisturization assessments are commonly performed at BioScience Laboratories Inc. using various specialized bioinstrumentation, including: TEWL, Corneometer, Mexameter, Visoscan & Skicon, as well as Board Certified Dermatologists. BSLI has the experience and expertise to get your moisturizer on the market.
Bioinstrumentation Equipment & Procedures
- Leg Controlled Application Technique (LCAT) – Estimates the relative skin irritation potential
- Forearm Controlled Application Technique (FCAT) – Estimates the relative skin irritation potential
- Corneometer – Measures epidermal water content, an indicator of dryness & damaged skin
- Tewameter – Measures the rate of transepidermal water loss, an indicator of damaged skin
- VISIA Imagery – Measures several qualities of the skin, such as scaliness and wrinkling, by means of digital scanning and computer analysis of the resulting image
- Digital Photography – Provides visual display of the skin for subjective pre/post application comparisons
- D-Squame – Provides an indicator of dryness, harvests & preserves for enumeration epidermal squames by adhesively lifting them from the skin
- Skicon – A non-invasive technique which uses high-frequency conductance to measure skin hydration
BioScience Laboratories' scientific personnel are trained extensively for visual evaluation of skin conditions, and we also can provide board-certified dermatologists for studies of products requiring dermatologically tested claims.